Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hunter and Brayden's first elk, sorta!


August 1, 2008 This happened to be the first hunt that Hunter & Brayden have been on. They went with Kade's brother Jared. The day they were supposed to be going they couldn't stop talking about it. I thought it would freak them out. It sure did not as you can see. I asked them the best part about it. Apparently the elk didn't die after being shot, so Jared had to cut it's throat. Gag! The elk still got up & was ready to take off. Jared cut it's throat again. Gag! Again that didn't work. So Jared asked the boys, "Do you want to see me tackle that elk?" Of course they said yes. That's when Jared rolled up his sleeves and dived in and quickly put it to the ground. That was their favorite part. Mine of course was going to Jared & Cynthia's home to find the boys cleaning elk off the driveway. By the way, That was not my favorite part. My favorite part was seeing how happy Hunter & Brayden were that night. they had a great experience.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh MAN! Bryton is dieing to go hunting this season! I might have to fly him to whereever in the world you are!!!!
Come see me!

Micah and Melinda said...

Oh gag!!! I hated when Micah went hunting, I can smell the elk just looking at that pic. I can't wait for October.