Friday, August 22, 2008

Our "surprise trip" to the Oregon coast


I was in the Salt Lake airport returning from Arizona thinking Kade would be there to pick me up. Instead, this time he told me to hang tough... He was coming but with Gordon and Debbie. We were jumping on a plane & heading for the Oregon Coast followed by a road trip to Seattle. I was a wee bit surprised. Gordon and Debbie were tons of fun and we had a blast. We visited Astoria, Oregon, then Mt. Vernon, then on to Seattle. One of my favorite stops was on Sunday at Orcas Island. We took a ferry to get there. It was a beautiful place. We got home Monday after a fun afternoon on the Seattle pier. We had the best clam chowder(2nd I mean, My dad's is better) and fish & chips. We are already planning our next adventure with the Boothe's.

9 comments:

Nedra Tietjen said...

DeAnn, that looks soooo fun! You will have to tell me more about Oregon and Seattle. I have never been to either and really want to go. It was great catching up on your fun blog!! We need to get together.

Micah and Melinda said...

Ok so your trip looks like fun and there is no way lil man would have been good for an adventure like that. I can't wait til you are headed to Eugene for a visit! Oh and did I mention I am so excited for October!!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Yeah for you and your trip! That sounds like a ton of fun. Also congrats on the October date, we are so excited for you two. Tell Kade that we will be over to watch movies that night, he will know what we mean!! :D

Nichole Barney said...

How fun Deann! Looks like you guys had a great time! I love to travel and see new places!

S. Fillmore said...

DeAnn, I have searched high and low for you. Where are you now? You can email me at jandsfillmore @ Cox dot net. I would love to chat. your long lost friend, Stephanie
I grew up in Oregon and I was at that house when they were filming Goonies. I have all of their autographs including Steven Spielberg.

Michelle said...

Hey!
I need your address... will you be in town the end of Sept???

Unknown said...

Hey Deanne - so great to see you looking so good and with that good-looking man by your side:-) I think its been about 6 years since Ive seen you and you look very happy. Stop by my blog anytime.

Kim Skinner said...

DeAnn! Long time, no see. I've seen your blog a few times and I'm glad I get to catch up a little. Just got your wedding invite. So excited for you. We all need to go to lunch sometime, whenever you're down. Hope you're doing well!

kimberley_skinner@yahoo.com

Michelle said...

nudge nudge
I'd LOVE to see some "pre-wedding" photos :) congrats! We got your announcement last week and couldn't be happier for the two of you!!!